Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition 2023
For individual performance of original poetry
Performance and judging will be on Saturday 25 February 2023 in the Orange Conservatorium, Hill Street, Orange NSW. Performance times will be advised when entries are collated.
- High School students – for contestants who are attending high school in 2023
- Primary School students – for contestants who are attending primary school in 2023
- Open – for adults not competing on the 2023 National Bush Poetry Performance Championships.
Class 1. High School: first prize $100; second prize $75; third prize $50
Class 2. Primary School: first prize $100; second prize $75; third prize $50
Class 3. Open: first prize $200; second prize $150; third prize $100
Conditions of entry:
- Poems are to be original works.
- Poems should generally be rhyming verse.
- Poems and performances are not to be offensive and must be suitable for family entertainment.
- Poems are to be performed by the poet, in person, at the event.
- The performance may include reciting or reading.
- The maximum presentation time is 5 minutes per entry (preamble and postscript are included in the 5 minutes).
- Entrants are to provide their own equipment and props. A microphone and lectern will
be available on stage.
- Judging will be based on how well the poem is written and how well it is performed.
- Entrants may enter one Class only.
- Entrants may enter one poem only.
- Poems performed in previous Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competitions, Orange, must not be entered in this 2023 competition.
- There is no need to submit a copy of the poem.
- Entry is free for Classes 1 and 2 (School students) and $10 per entry for Class 3 (Open)
- Entries close at 5 pm on Wednesday 15 February 2023.
- Entrants will be notified by email before Monday 20 February 2023 of their performance time.
Post or email entry forms to: Direct deposit entry fees to:
Rotary Club of Orange Inc. Rotary Club of Orange Project Account
PO Box 52 BSB: 082 774
ORANGE NSW 2800 Account number: 50985 7605
firstname.lastname@example.org Please include ‘BP and your name’ as a reference
Contact person: Len Banks email@example.com or 0428 459 117