Meetings are at Orange Ex Services Club unless otherwise indicated.
- 8 July 2019 – District Governor John McKenzie – the coming year
- 15 July 2019 – Casey Grice – Director Western Region Sport and Recreation Services
- 22 July 2019 – tba
- 29 July 2019 – Duncan Auld – Director Education Leadership – Orange Principals Network School Operations and Performance
- 27 October 2019 – Wine Festival Rotary Market 9 am to 2 pm at the Orange Northcourt
- 15 December 2019 – Christmas Market 9 am to 2 pm at the Orange Northcourt
- 16 to 23 February 2020 – Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival, Orange
Our next market is:
Sunday 27 October 2019 from 9am to 2pm at the North Court, Orange – between the Orange Civic Centre and March Street. For more information about the market visit Rotary Orange Community Markets Facebook page.
People interested in having a stall at our markets should first read the information on the Markets Tab and then complete the Stallholder Application Form.
BBQ at Orange Health Service
On the third Friday of each month, the Rotary Club of Orange sells BBQ lunches at the Orange Health Service (The Hospital) on Forest Road. We will be on the grass near the front car parks if it is fine, and if it is raining, we may not be there at all. Come and buy an egg and bacon roll or a sausage sandwich (with free onions if you like) and a drink between 11 am and 1.30 pm.
Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry 16 to 23 Festival 2020
Lock in the dates for the 2020 Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival in Orange. Key events will be
- Banjo birthday poets brunch; Yeoval; Sunday 16 Feb 10 am to 3 pm
- Banjo birthday breakfast; Banjo Paterson Park Orange; Monday 17 Feb 7.30 am to 10 am
- Breakfast and Poetry on the pavers; South Court Orange Civic Centre; dates to be set
- Night Market; Robertson Park Orange; Friday 21 Feb 5.30 pm to 8 pm
- Poetry Brawl; Lord Anson Hotel Orange; Friday 21 Feb 8.30 pm
- Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition; Orange Ex Services Club; Saturday 22 Feb 10 am to 5 pm
- Banjo Paterson Festival Dinner: Village Green, Molong Saturday 22 Feb 7 pm
- Emmaville Family market Day; Botanic Gardens precinct, Orange; Sunday 23 Feb 9 am to 2 pm
Results of the 2019 Poetry Competition can be viewed on the Australian Bush Poets Association website.
Click here for the 2019 poetry competition entry conditions and entry form. The entry form for 2020 will be posted soon, but the 2019 information gives a guide to the type of competition.
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage can be arranged on request. Please contact Len Banks, Director of Public Relations on email@example.com or on 0428 459 117.
As we are now well into Winter, the Rotary Club of Orange wishes you, your families and friends a healthy and happy season. Get you ‘flu shots and stay warm.
The Rotary Club of Orange welcomes new members. If you are interested in doing some hands-on community service while getting to know a wider circle of friends, then give us a call. We welcome men and women of all ages with no obligation to join until you are really satisfied that it is for you. Check out the range of activities we are involved in throughout this web site.
We will be running a market on 27 October 2019 at the North Court, Orange. This is between the Orange Civic Centre and March Street.