Meetings are at Orange Ex Services Club unless otherwise indicated.
- 19 November – Visit to Canobolas Rural Fire Service Headquarters with Brett Bowden, then dinner at Kate Jones
- 20 November 2018 – Board meeting
- 26 November – AGM
- 3 December – Christmas Party at Percy’s
- 18 November 2018 – Tree planting at Nelson Park, Gardiner Road, Orange 10 am to 1 pm
- 9 December 2018 – Community Christmas Market
Our next market is:
Sunday 9 December 2018 from 9am to 2pm at the Moulder Park Netball Courts. This is the ideal opportunity to sell or buy for Christmas. Public access is from both Sale Street and Anson Street. For more information about the market visit Rotary Orange Community Markets Facebook page.
People interested in having a stall at our markets should first read the information on the Markets Tab and then complete the Stallholder Application Form.
BBQ at Orange Health Service
On the third Friday of each month, the Rotary Club of Orange sells BBQ lunches at the Orange Health Service (The Hospital) on Forest Road. We will be on the grass near the front car parks if it is fine, and if it is raining, we may not be there at all. Come and buy an egg and bacon roll or a sausage sandwich (with free onions if you like) and a drink between 11 am and 1.30 pm.
Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival 2019
Planning is underway for the next Banjo Paterson Festival to be held from 17 to 24 February 2019. Key events are:
- Banjo birthday breakfast; Banjo Paterson Park Orange; 17 Feb 7.30 am to 10 am
- Banjo birthday poets brunch; Yeoval; 17 Feb 10 am to 3 pm
- Breakfast and Poetry on the pavers; South Court Orange Civic Centre; 20, 21, 22, 23 Feb 7.30 am to 9 am
- Night Market; Robertson Park Orange; 22 Feb 5.30 pm to 8 pm
- Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition; Orange Ex Services Club; 23 Feb 10 am to 5 pm
- Emmaville Family market Day; Botanic Gardens precinct, Orange; 24 Feb 9 am to 2 pm
Click here for the 2019 poetry competition entry conditions and entry form.
Go to www.banjopatersonfestival.com.au for more information.
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage can be arranged on request. Please contact Len Banks, Director of Public Relations on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0428 459 117.
Sustainable Living Week is coming up – check out the events by clicking “Read more” below.
It is now time to begin writing your poem for the Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition in February 2019. Start now so that you can have a chance to win great prizes. Categories for all. See the News and Events page for more details.