Meetings are at Orange Ex Services Club unless otherwise indicated.
- 25 March 2019 – Australian Hearing – Karen Rae – hearing tests begin at 5.15 pm
- 1 April 2019 – Rotarians Jim Heron and Denise Martin tell us their life story
- 8 April 2019 – 2 students from Molong Central School who attended the National Youth Science Forum
- 15 April 2019 – TBA
- 22 April 2019 – Easter Monday – no meeting
- 18 to 22 March 2019 – Rotary Youth Driver Awareness program (RYDA) at Towac Park Race Course
- 21 March 2019 – Science and Engineering Challenge at James Sheahan Catholic High School, Orange 8 am to 2 pm
Our next market is:
Sunday 5 May 2019 from 9am to 2pm at the Moulder Park Netball Courts, Orange – between Anson and Sale Streets. For more information about the market visit Rotary Orange Community Markets Facebook page.
People interested in having a stall at our markets should first read the information on the Markets Tab and then complete the Stallholder Application Form.
BBQ at Orange Health Service
On the third Friday of each month, the Rotary Club of Orange sells BBQ lunches at the Orange Health Service (The Hospital) on Forest Road. We will be on the grass near the front car parks if it is fine, and if it is raining, we may not be there at all. Come and buy an egg and bacon roll or a sausage sandwich (with free onions if you like) and a drink between 11 am and 1.30 pm.
Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival 2019
The Festival was a great success and a report will be posted soon. Key events were
- Banjo birthday breakfast; Banjo Paterson Park Orange; 17 Feb 7.30 am to 10 am
- Banjo birthday poets brunch; Yeoval; 17 Feb 10 am to 3 pm
- Breakfast and Poetry on the pavers; South Court Orange Civic Centre; 21, 22, 23 Feb 7.30 am to 9 am
- Night Market; Robertson Park Orange; 22 Feb 5.30 pm to 8 pm
- Poetry Brawl; Lord Anson Hotel Orange; 22 Feb 8.30 pm
- Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition; Orange Ex Services Club; 23 Feb 10 am to 5 pm
- Emmaville Family market Day; Botanic Gardens precinct, Orange; 24 Feb 9 am to 2 pm
Results of the Poetry Competition can be viewed on the Australian Bush Poets Association website.
Click here for the 2019 poetry competition entry conditions and entry form. The entry form for 2020 will be posted soon, but the 2019 information gives a guide to the type of competition.
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage can be arranged on request. Please contact Len Banks, Director of Public Relations on email@example.com or on 0428 459 117.
Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival: See the full Festival program at www.orange360.com.au
Entries close for the Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition on 13 February 2019. Enter now so that you can have a chance to win great prizes. Categories for all. See the News and Events page for more details.