Meetings are at Orange Ex Services Club unless otherwise indicated.
- 17 September – Tuuli Herkkola – Exchange student from Finland
- 24 September – District Governor’s visit – DG John Glassford
- 1 October – No meeting (long weekend)
- 8 October – Chad Bliss – Principal of Orange High School
- 15 October – Visit to the Orange Showground with Peter Naylor
- 22 October – Tim Denham – North Orange Pharmacy
- 29 October – Visit to the Ophir Road Resource Recovery Centre – Orange City Council
- 5 November – Michael O’Mara – Rotary experience without being a Rotarian
- 12 November – David Mallard – Like Mond Orange (Community Development Officer)
- 19 November – Visit to Canobolas Rural Fire Service Headquarters with Brett Bowden
- 26 November – AGM
- 13 September – RUOK? Day – information available around town
- 14 September – RUOK? Day toolbox session at Bunnings 7 – 8 am
- 14 September – BBQ at Orange Hospital 10 am to 2 pm
- 18 September – Club Board meeting
- 21 to 23 September – Club social trip to Lightning Ridge (contact Stuart MacKinnon 0447 892 200)
- 14 October – Rotary Community Market (see below)
- 16 October – Club Board meeting
Our next market is:
Sunday 14 October 2018 from 9am to 2pm at the Moulder Park Netball Courts. This is during the Orange Wine Festival 2018. Public access is from both Sale Street and Anson Street. For more information about the market visit Rotary Orange Community Markets Facebook page.
People interested in having a stall at our markets should first read the information on the Markets Tab and then complete the Stallholder Application Form.
BBQ at Orange Health Service
On the third Friday of each month, the Rotary Club of Orange sells BBQ lunches at the Orange Health Service (The Hospital) on Forest Road. We will be on the grass near the front car parks if it is fine, and if it is raining, we may not be there at all. Come and buy an egg and bacon roll or a sausage sandwich (with free onions if you like) and a drink between 11 am and 1.30 pm.
Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival 2019
Planning is underway for the next Banjo Paterson Festival to be held from 17 to 24 February 2019. Key events are:
- Banjo birthday breakfast; Banjo Paterson Park Orange; 17 Feb 7.30 am to 10 am
- Banjo birthday poets brunch; Yeoval; 17 Feb 10 am to 3 pm
- Breakfast and Poetry on the pavers; South Court Orange Civic Centre; 20, 21, 22, 23 Feb 7.30 am to 9 am
- Night Market; Robertson Park Orange; 22 Feb 5.30 pm to 8 pm
- Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition; Orange Ex Services Club; 23 Feb 10 am to 5 pm
- Emmaville Family market Day; Botanic Gardens precinct, Orange; 24 Feb 9 am to 2 pm
Click here for the 2019 poetry competition entry conditions and entry form.
Go to www.banjopatersonfestival.com.au for more information.
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage
Guided tours of Emmaville Cottage can be arranged on request. Please contact Len Banks, Director of Public Relations on email@example.com or on 0428 459 117.
A great market day coming up on 14 October 2018 on the Moulder Park Netball Courts. 100 stalls. A great outing if you are visiting Orange for the Wine Festival.
It is now time to begin writing you poem for the Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competition in February 2019. Start now so that you can have a chance to win great prizes. Categories for all.